SOLANGE DER VORRAT REICHT!
With unparalleled functionality and connectivity, the LXNAV S10, like the larger S100, is the most advanced standalone variometer ever produced, packaged into a single unit for mounting into a standard 57mm instrument hole. It makes an ideal replacement for an existing 57mm electronic vario system providing excellent connectivity options for your PDA and FLARM.
It also makes an ideal backup for LX90xx/LX80xx systems - it is becoming more and more common to replace the classic Winter mechanical variometer with an electronic backup. The S10 then provides a complete standalone system providing a backup audio vario, backup artificial horizon (optional software upgrade), backup navigation, final glide computation and with its built in IGC logger and backup battery allows complete redundancy should the glider's power supply ever fail.
Functionality never seen before
The S-series variometers’ all-glass displays allow for more functionality including a moving map display for task and airspace navigation, a Flarm radar, thermal assistant and an artificial horizon display (optional software upgrade). The larger display also allows much easier to read navboxes, a faster responding vario pointer and the display of more information including flap speeds and a visual wind speed and bearing vector.
All of the new generation varios are also designed with connectivity to your other avionics in mind. The varios are built with two data ports on the back, one for a GPS input, the other for connecting to your preferred PDA moving map display.
The optimum setup is to connect a FLARM device in to the LXNAV vario through the GPS port, this allows GPS information and FLARM data to be fed to the variometer. The variometer can then use the GPS data for navigation, final glide computation and wind vector calculation and the FLARM data for displaying FLARM targets, providing warnings and even reading them out to you so you don’t even have to look down at that critical moment!
The PDA port is best connected to the Naviter Oudie range of devices via the CC-NP-Oudie cable but can also be connected to Android or Apple devices via the S10’s built-in Bluetooth. This allows the PDA to receive the GPS data from the GPS input port for more accurate task navigation, as well as FLARM target information – this means detected FLARM targets will appear on your moving map with configurable information such as climb rates, Comp IDs and the targets’ range from you. The PDA and vario will also exchange variometer information such as MacCready setting, water ballast and wind vector information. Lastly when you have set your task in your PDA while in briefing or on the grid, you can simply upload that task from your PDA to both the variometer and the device connected to the GPS port (FLARM IGC or IGC flight recorder) in one go, saving having to manually put your tasks into multiple devices when you just want to go flying!
The LXNAV S10 makes the ideal replacement for your aging 57mm electronic variometer that does not easily connect to your FLARM and PDA.
The S10 can be upgraded through the addition of a remote stick, activation of the artificial horizon display, Flap sensor, CAN Radio bridge and MOP 2 sensor for gliders with electric propulsion.
- Moving map with airspace track up option
- Airspace display
- Waypoints and Task display
- AHRS display (optional)
- Thermal assistant
- Display of 4 configurable (navboxes) values
- Display of 3 configurable (navboxes) values on map screen
- Waypoint navigation
- TASK navigation
- Flarm radar
- Flarm warnings
- Flarm Net
- Logbook (Integrated High level approved flight recorder)
- 16 bit colour display
- 3.25” or 2.5”(~ 9cm or 6.5cm) screen
- 320 by 240 pixel resolution
- 1200 nits brightness
Input and output
- Flarm port input/output on RS232 level (standard IGC 6 pin connector RJ11)
- PDA port input/output on RS232 or TTL level for PDA/PNA devices with 5V power supply (8 pin RJ 45, 5V output max 2A)
- Audio output
- 1Mbit CAN bus for connection for S8D or S80D repeater, Compass module or Remote stick
- Speed command and Vario priority input and 4 additional user defined inputs
- Two Rotary knobs with push function
- 3 push buttons
- AHRS activation with a CODE - no need of any hardware upgrade
- Remote stick (CAN)
- Compass module (not supported yet - under development)
- S80D/S8D repeater unit
- CAN2PD Second seat PDA support
- Power input 10-16V DC
- Consumption of LXNAV S10 at 12 V:
- 230 mA - minimum brightness without audio
- 270 mA - maximum brightness without audio
- Consumption of LXNAV S8D at 12 V:
- 90mA - maximum brightness
- 140 mA - maximum brightness without audio
Size and weight
- Standard 80mm (3.25”) or 57mm (2.5") hole
- S10 61x61x70mm (excludes connectors)
- S100 81x81x64mm (excludes connectors)
- S10 weight: 345g
- S100 weight 515g